Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Delaware
505 Ewing Hall
Newark, DE 19716
E-mail: fjsayas (at) udel.edu
Education and employment
- 1991. BS in Applied Mathematics, Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain
- 1994. PhD in Applied Mathematics, Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain, under the supervision of Michel Crouzeix, Universite de Rennes, France
- 1994-97. Instructor (profesor asociado), Department of Applied Mathematics, Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain.
- 1997-2010. Associate professor (profesor titular),
Department of Applied Mathematics, Universidad de
Zaragoza, Spain. (On academic leave 2008-2010)
- 2007-2010. Visiting Associate Professor, School of Mathematics, University of Minnesota
- 2010-2013. Associate Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Delaware
- Since 2013. Full Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Delaware
- From August 2014 to August 2017. Director of Graduate Studies, Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Delaware
- Winter 2018. Joined the editorial board of Computers and
Mathematics with Applications, published by Elsevier.
- Fall 2016. Joined the editorial board of Applicable
Analysis, published by Taylor & Francis
- Spring 2016. The monograph Retarded Potentials and Time Domain Integral Equations, a road map, has been published by Springer Verlag as Volume 50 of their series in Computational Mathematics
- Spring 2016. Joined the editorial board of SEMA
Journal, published by Springer
- Summer 2015. SEMA Award to best paper. For Variational
views of Stokeslets and Stresslets, written in
collaboration with Virginia Selgas.
- 2013. SIAM Review republished the paper The validity of Johnson-Nedelec's BEM-FEM coupling on polygonal interfaces in their SIGEST section.
- Spring 2013. Joined the editorial board of the Journal of
Integral Equations and Applications, published by
the Rocky Mountain Mathematics Consortium.
- Summer 2001. Spanish Society of Applied Mathematics
(SEMA) Best Young Researcher Award.
PhD students (math
- 1997. Ricardo Celorrio. (Coadvised with Francisco
Lisbona. Associate professor at the University of
- 2001. Victor Dominguez. (Associate professor at the Public University of Navarra.)
- 2004. Maria Luisa Rapun. (Associate professor at the Polytechnic University of Madrid.)
- 2010. Ricardo Oyarzua. (Coadvised with Gabriel Gatica. Associate professor at the Universidad del Bio-Bio.)
- 2011. Antonio Laliena. (Instructor at the University of Zaragoza.)
- 2013. Sijiang Lu. (Working in finance in Shanghai.)
- 2013. Zhixing Fu. (Working in finance in Shanghai.)
- 2016. Tianyu Qiu. (Working in industry in California.)
- 2016. Matthew Hassell. (Working in industry in Pennsylvania.)
- 2016. Tonatiuh Sanchez-Vizuet. (Postdoc at New York University.)
- 2018. Thomas Brown (expected)
- Allan Hungria (in progress)
- Shukai Du (in progress)
- Hasan Eruslu (in progress)
- Hugo Díaz-Norambuena (in progress)
With Antonio, Maria Luisa, and Victor.
- I'm on sabbatical during the 2017-18 academic year. I'll
be visiting the Technical University of Vienna for a month