George C. Hsiao
Francis Alison Professor and
Carl Rees Professor Emeritus of Mathematics
Ph.D., Carnegie-Mellon University
317 Ewing Hall
Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Delaware
Newark, Delaware 19716
- Integral equations
- Partial differential equations
- Singular perturbation theory
- Elasticity and fluid dynamics
- Direct and inverse problems in acoustic and electromagnetic scattering.
- For the past thirty years, I have taught courses in PDEs, ODEs, finite element methods for PDEs, boundary element methods, numerical analysis, singular perturbations, wavelets, to name a few. In general, I prefer to teach courses related to my research interests in the areas of applied mathematics, elasticity and fluid mechanics.
- An interview article that appeared in the
UpDate should reflect my views on both teaching and research.
For more information, see my individual